Tuesday, August 27, 2013

You Won't Like Me When I'm Psychoanalyzed...

I went to get the feedback from my psychological test results this morning. I took these same tests three years ago and we compared the results. I was not allowed to actually get a copy of the results because it might "freak me out too much." But thanks to my memory, I know what most of it said as it was read to me.

 

As you probably know, my official diagnosis is Aspergers Syndrome, but Aspergers itself doesn't present itself with a way of medicating and/or giving therapy to help with symptoms. Since all human beings display symptoms of Personality Disorders, using that method to see what I lean towards was the best option since I do have issue. 


If I were to be diagnosed with a Personality Disorder, it would be, without a doubt, Schizotypal Personality Disorder. This is what the tests [MMPI and another] concluded. This is at the same level it was when I was 14 and 18 - now I'm 21 - it's just my personality. I have had periods of functioning very well and functioning poorly since it was discovered that I fit into this category. So that isn't the issue at all. 




I will go through each PD and say what has happened since almost 4 years ago. My highest scores are in the "eccentric" cluster, the first one.



Paranoid - went up. My score in this area is rather high. This is probably due to the things that have actually happened to me in my life. My outlook on life is a bit paranoid, which makes me on guard and with good cause.
Schizoid - went up. I am much more detached from people than I was before, and not because of any avoidant features, just because I have literally turned my feelings off. 
Schizotypal - Same as ever, very high score, it's just my personality. 



Anti Social - went up. This goes along with having to watch my back, just like in the paranoia, but on the offense and the fact that I value objectivity which can blur "right and wrong."
Borderline - went down. I don't feel intensely enough to have this PD be very strong but some of my actual behaviors are in this category. 
Histrionic - went down and it was already low. 
Narcissistic - went up and with good reason. I'm fucking fabulous. 



Avoidant - went down in exchange for the Schizoid level going up. 
Dependent - was already so low it couldn't go lower. 
Obsessive Compulsive Personality (perfectionism, not to be confused with OCD) - went up a little. I have perfectionist tendencies that have gotten moreso with age. 



Anyway, nothing I'm shocked by. There's also a spot for "Sadism" which has stayed the same - I'm not sure if it's high or low but I'm pretty sure it's neither.

Basically, I'm an eccentric person who has an odd outlook on the world and prefers to spend time alone and keep people at a distance, and God help you if you cross me because I'm too fabulous for that bullshit and quit talking about me behind my back. 




LOL

Needless to say... everyone is a little off their rocker.





Dizzy


No comments:

Post a Comment