Friday, June 28, 2013

On Blood, Sex, and Denial.

My subconscience is Shiva. 


Since I am heavily focused on the sub-conscience, I've been wondering why I do what I do when I'm not calculating, which is something I do on a regular basis based on the theory that allowing my subconscious to play during the day (which it always has very actively anyway) will ease my life-long nightmare problem. So I have been doing exercises and I've also been doing some analyzing.

In the blog entry I posted earlier today, I mentioned that when I allow myself to draw freely, blood is often in my pictures. It's almost always a person with blood on or around them. I also see blood in my dreams a lot. So here's blood in my sub conscience. 
What does blood mean?

Blood is representative of life, sex, and death. Those three things are extremely linked by the subconscious mind in all of humanity. 
The thought of life doesn't cause psychic discomfort. Childbirth is a bloody thing. The absence of pregnancy is a bloody thing. The formation of the heart, the lifesource, is based around blood. And as much as blood causes discomfort for most people (yet we somehow love gore as entertainment, norms?) the thought that blood is shed to bring life - a shiny new opportunity for an individual and the world - makes it more palatable. Christianity teaches that blood was shed for eternal life. 

The thought of death isn't comfortable for most people. It's a top fear, people use so much distancing language when they speak about it that it's unreal. "Passed away." "Moved on." "Life was taken." People will even put humor into how they speak of death, because saying someone died or is dead or was killed, is very real. Death is often a bloody thing. Even if there is no direct bloodshed or murder involved in the death, the heart stops, and the blood stops moving. The DNA of that being has stopped its traverse through the body. 

Sex is the middle ground for life and death. It's also a topic of psychic discomfort for most people moreso than death, but it is also an obsession for most people, and an open obsession by society. You're supposed to keep quiet about it, but it's everywhere. At it's core, sex and it's purpose is the combining of two beings in the life-state and producing a massive race, and death, of many cells in order for one to combine with another to create one living organism, containing the DNA of two living organisms. Sex is how each of is come into being and it is a bloody process in many situations and the end result is very blood-centered. The life and death process is a circle of blood. This causes more discomfort and shame than death because sex is the pure and undeniable combination of both life and death and the subconscious does not want to accept fully that we are mortal. The uneasiness about blood and the uneasiness about sex are tied entirely to the mass denial that we are mortal. 

Dizzy

2 comments:

  1. Great post and observations. Yes as a society we don't at all feel comfortable about death and when someone says that somebody around them died we don't really know what else to say apart from we're sorry. The reality of our mortality has generated a lot of angst for me also. Although I'm beginning to realise that actually the tragedy of life is not death but waiting too long to begin living.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose I have been exposed to mortality so much I am more jaded than most that I come into contact with.

      Delete